1. I love ice-cream. My favourites include chocolate, honey malt crunch, vanilla bean, and orange praline.
2. I also love dark chocolate, toasted marshmallows, potato rosti, gooey cheesy anything, and crispy BACON.
3. To balance all that, I’m also into healthy food, such as spinach, broccoli, edamame, avocado, and green tea. Not too bad eh?
4. Aside from food, I’m also passionate about many things, such as learning languages. Right now I speak four languages (with varying degrees of fluency): English, Mandarin Chinese, Cantonese (it’s so different, trust me), and French.
5. I learned some French back in school (university), stopped after graduation, and didn’t pick it up again until I did a mini crash-course with my old notebook on a flight to Paris last September. I started re-learning French officially this January, et je l’adore beaucoup!
6. I also used to learn Thai and Malay (Bahasa Melayu) back in school. If I ever have the opportunity, I’d want to re-learn those too.
7. And if I can somehow find the time, I’d also want to learn Spanish, Japanese, Italian, Bahasa Indonesia, and possibly Arabic. There aren’t enough hours in a day to get everything done!
8. Another passion of mine is ballroom dancing, although most times I feel like I have two left feet. Edwin and I met at a ballroom dance event, hence it’s always been close to my heart.
9. My favourite dance is tied between the samba and the tango, but I love them all! We haven’t really danced in a long time, but I’m hoping that we can attend classes again. (See why I never have time?)
10. To be honest, most nights we’re just chillin’ at home, having dinner (homecooked or the occasional takeout) in front of the TV. Boy, do we watch a lot of TV!
11. I recently finished Season 1 of Agent Carter, and I loved every second of it – the costumes, the witty comebacks, the subtle social commentary… Can’t wait for Season 2!
12. Some other favourite TV shows include Modern Family, Elementary, Blue Bloods, Dharma and Greg (an oldie but a goodie!), and The Nanny (an absolute classic, still one of the best comedies ever).
13. I’m a massive fan of (almost) all things Disney. Going on a Disney honeymoon (Disneymoon) was the best thing ever, and all I could think about was “We have to come back here”.
14. My dream is to visit all the Disney parks in the world. I haven’t been to the ones in Tokyo, Walt Disney Studios Park in Paris, Disney California Adventure Park, and the soon-to-be ready Shanghai Disneyland. Hopefully I’ll get to go to one of these parks soon!
15. My favourite Disney princess is Tiana (from Princess and the Frog), who is seriously underrated. Belle (from Beauty and the Beast) is a close second.
16. Some of my favourite Disney characters include Stitch, Wall-E, and Chip and Dale.
17. For some reason, I’m drawn to all things Alice in Wonderland, especially if it’s Japanese-style art.
18. Like many others, I love to travel. There’s no better to experience the great big world out there (and put that foreign language to good use!). So far, my favourite city is a tie between New York and Paris.
19. The place I want to go to most but haven’t is Japan. Tokyo, Osaka, Hokkaido, Shinjuku, Harajuku… I want to see it all!
20. Other places I want to visit (in no particular order) are Spain, Hawaii, Maldives, Shanghai, Verona (Italy), Canada, Greece… there are too many!
21. It’s no secret that I love dressing up. It’s a fun way to expressing oneself, and you only live once, right?
22. My favourite brands include Uniqlo, H&M, and Charles & Keith.
23. I love love LOVE the nautical style: clean-cut lines, solids, stripes, polka-dots, “whim-sea-cal” prints and anchors galore!
24. My current favourite colour is mint green. (Pink and yellow follow not far behind.)
25. My favourite books are from the Anne of Green Gables series. I’ve re-read every one of them several times and it never gets old.
26. The quote which (sort of) changed my life is from Tuck Everlasting by Natalie Babbitt. Admittedly I haven’t read the book, but it’s on my ever-growing to-do list. Anyway, it goes likes this: “You don’t have to live forever, you just have to live.”
27. I turned 27 last week (6th June), hence this little blog post. Well, here’s to another year of learning, laughing, and loving life.