Hello everyone! This month, I’m taking a break from setting goals, and I’ve decided to do something a little different. The theme for August (and possibly the rest of the year) will be how to embrace one’s inner goddess. Like the studious geek that I am, the library was the first stop for research.
“The Goddess Guide” is a delicious manual full of lifestyle tips (style, beauty, home, travel, joie de vivre) for any woman (or man) seeking to get the most out of life, and that’s where I drew most of my inspiration from, and you’ll see more in the list below. “Naming the Goddess” is a series of essays featuring a myriad of actual goddesses, from Artemis to Kwan Yin to Sekhmet. One of my goals in July was to “embrace spirituality”, and this book is as good a starting point as any. It’s not exactly relevant to today’s post, but I just thought I’d share what’s on my reading list at the moment.
So before you get impatient with my rambling, here are ten ways to embrace your inner goddess:
- Get carried away by great works of fiction
- Surround yourself with art that you love
- Take lots of photographs, capture the beauty around you
- Go green
- Light a scented candle (or several)
- Delight in dark chocolate
- Savour breakfast
- Take a day off social media from time to time
- Invest in luxurious sleepwear
- Be mindful of the present
Is there anything you would add to the list? What inspires you? Let me know in the comments below!